Editing Detail Page

See this page in the Wiki
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/details-templates/

Go to components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl and copy the 'bootstrap' folder somewhere - then rename it and move it back into the components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl folder. Now edit the form and in the 'Layout' tab change the 'Details view' to use your new re-named template.

With the bootstrap template - there is a lot that can be done with styling just by changing the settings in the form editing tabs - as well as changing the looks of individual elements via the Elements list. Any further Css styling can be done by editing the template_css.php file in your new template folder. If still not satisfied, and you are familiar with php - you can try to tweak some of the appropriate php files in that new template folder.

Any new template you create/copy will never be overwritten by a fabrik update - so not to worry. But it is always best to copy out (with new name) any original fabrik template folder/contents rather than risking 'breaking' the original template with your edits. (Been there, done that.)

that location has no bootstrap folder. see attached screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 8.24.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 8.24.44 AM.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 239
Then either you are not running fabrik 3.1b or something didn't get copied during install.

OH WAIT - I just downloaded the original Fabrik 3.1Beta download package shown on the main download page - and sure enough, it is not included with the original install files.

You need to update from github as the latest update zip includes a 'bootstrap' details template.

Follow this link (shown under the 'Installation' section of the Wiki)

Updating from GitHub

and follow the instructions shown under
Getting the Most Rececnt Fabrik Code

(someone should fix that typo)
and download the 3.1 zip file.
Then follow further detailed
Post Github Update Steps

instructions at the bottom.

Not the most user-friendly means of updating - but this is a beta, and the only way it can be done.

Before I run the update, just want to clarify which version of Fabrik I should running.

The site is Joomla 2.5.9 and the installed Fabrik version is 3.1b, except for the list Module, form module and component which are 3.0.6.2.

Should I be running 3.1b or 3.0.6.2?

You should not be running the 3.1b version. This version requires Joomla 3.0 or higher.

The compatability requirements are clearly shown on the download page.

You should uninstall fabrik altogether and start from scratch with the Fabrik 3 package, which is the latest version for Joomla 2.5. (Yeah, confusing I know - but it is explained in the Wiki)

- OR - you could update to Joomla 3 (what I would do) then install fabrik 3.1Beta. (But you still should completely uninstall your existing fabrik installation first)

Then, whatever you decide, stick to using the correct support forum here at fabriklar.com for the version you install.

Hope this all helps clear things up for you.

Greenman - If I can add a little further to Bauer's excellent reply...

The choice of what you should do will depend on:

1. Whether you want to upgrade your existing J2.5 site to J3 for other reasons. J3.1 is now considered suitable for production sites, but you will need to check that all your existing extensions are compatible with J3. If I were going to do a J2 to J3 upgrade I would NOT do it directly on a production site, but instead do it on a copy of the site and then make the new one live if the upgrade works.

2. Whether you want to use a stable, fully supported Fabrik version (Fabrik 3.0 on J2.5) or a beta version (Fabrik 3.1beta on J3). As you will see from these forums, users are reporting a lot of bugs with Fabrik 3.1beta (which is to be expected since it is a beta), and so I would only choose this if I expected the final 3.1 to be out before I went live, I was willing to put up with or even help fix the bugs, or if my user base was so small that I could still go live with this version despite the bugs.

Normal caveats apply i.e. YMMV.

P

Thanks.

I've uninstalled all the fabrik plugins and modules and component. However attempting to install the pkg_fabrik_3.0.8.zip package failed. Likewise, uploading everything to the tmp folder and installing from there also failed.

So then all the individual plug-ins & module zip files were individually installed. However the component, com_fabrik_3.0.8.zip, fails every time. Error message = "There was an error uploading this file to the server."

HELP!

Ok. I've been able to re-install 3.0.8.

Now that that's done, how do I go about customizing the detail templates for this version.

david

That's addressed in the Wiki
If these forums were moderated little better, I suppose someone would be telling you about now to take it to the
Fabrik 3.0.x - For Joomla 2.5 Community Forum

And actually, there's probably a better community of responses to any of your questions there - simple because it's been around longer and more people are using it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back