Elements Form features not working

Bauer

I have a form where number formatting is used in most elements to format decimals and show commas in the thousands.

It displays correctly when the form is first loaded. But after the element is edited there is no formatting done.

As you can see in the attached screen snips - for the element 'Gross Revenue' the number entered should have been rounded up to 12,345,679 (and show the commas as thousands separators).

Also, I have most of the element validations set to prevent Save if the element does not validate. That is not working either. As you see in the '#FTEs' element, the zero value fails validation yet the Save button remains active.

The problems exist regardless whether the form is loaded in a modal popup or in the parent window.

I updated from github just moments ago to see if any of this was 'fixed'. I have no idea when this stopped working - but I know it was all working the last time I used this form.

Attachments

• form258_b4_edit.png
    form258_b4_edit.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 103
  • form258_after_edit.png
    form258_after_edit.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 113
As usual, I can't replicate either of these issues.

What other options do you have on the number element(s)?

-- hugh

The only changes from defaults are in the Formatting tab
For Gross Revenue...
Bootstrap class: input-small
Format: Integer
Integer length: 11
Decimal length: 0
Number Format: Yes

For #FTEs it is...
Bootstrap class: input-mini
Format: Decimal
Integer length: 7
Decimal length: 1
Number Format: Yes

I'm not sure if I made it clear - but this only happens when you are editing.

Once you save the form, whatever was entered will round correctly and is then be re-displayed with the correct formatting. But that won't happen unless/until you save the form (regardless if validations or ajax is used).

It's not a big deal to me - it's my client who insists we should always show the numbers rounded and formatted correctly with commas in thousands - even while the elements in the form are being edited. If it's a Fabrik problem I could always do it via javascript - but I could have sworn this used to work just fine - the way I explain I want it to work.

OK, the number formatting has never done it 'live' on the page as they type. It may be possible to do that with the input masking, although I haven't tried it (on my phone this evening, not near a computer).

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back