Email list pugin

jo-ka

Hello.

When using Address book option, of the lists email plugin, I'm trying to filter the address book list, with a placeholder, but with now avail.

Is this impossible, or am I doing something wrong?

upload_2023-9-8_21-56-48.png

Example on the Wiki:

index.php

In list plugins it doesn't make sense to use element placeholders because you can select multiple rows.
You can only use 'general' placeholders like {$my->id},{year} etc

In list plugins it doesn't make sense to use element placeholders because you can select multiple rows.
You can only use 'general' placeholders like {$my->id},{year} etc
Thanks @troester.

Huuummmm. You're probably right but, in this situation I would like to filter the address book list, in order just to get those e-mail addresses belonging to certain customer, on the form. So, in my opinion, (because i need it :D:D) it makes sense.

If I can't filter it here, is there a way to accomplish this?

As I said you can use e.g. {$my->id} (i.e. the J! user id of the logged in user).

So depending on your setup it may be a WHERE clause like
CustomerKeyId = (SELECT something FROM some-table WHERE xy={$my->id})

@troester , yes I understood.

Allow me just to explain that, in this case the filter I need is not based on the users logged in. As this is some kind of tech support platform, the idea is the tech support users, send notifications to the customers contacts, which can be multiple by customer. That's why I'm using the Agenda option.

So, if I understood correctly, even if I use SQL query, if I can't access the form's fields, I can't make this work, right?

Sorry to bother with this...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back