email pdf blank after upgrade to 3.6

de Heer

Hi all,

I have just updated to Fabrik 3.6.

After a form submission I call 2 plugins:
- email (send email with pdf attachement)
- redirect (redirect to 'thank you'page)

Now the following happens:
- The pdf sent through email does not contain any tekst anymore (completely blank)
- The redirect page shows (dutch translation of): Error, you are not authorized to view this page above the 'thank you' page.

Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks!!

I can't replicate these issues.
I assume the blank PDF is related to the missing record access.

What are your list access settings?
Which Joomla version?

Hi troester,

The list access allows for public to write rows. Everything else is for super user. This worked with Fabrik 3.5.2.
When I logon to the site with my joomla admin account the pdf is rendered correctly and the message on the 'thank you' page is gone.

Clearly something has changed regarding authorization. The form should be publicly available...

Thanks already :)

The PDF generation is done with a details view, which requires "View records" permission.

We recently fixed a security vulnerability in Fabrik where we weren't sufficiently checking permission in details view. Now we do. So because your users don't have "View records" permission, the PDF generation is (correctly) failing. The reason it worked before we because it took advantage of a security loophole.

Try setting "Allow PDF localhost" in the List tab of our global settings. That may allow it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back