Email Plugin Use

abqsue

Sorry for the double posting - the last post was in the wrong forum. I'm using Fabrik 3.0.7

One of the lists I created is a set of stories for an editor, which need to be approved prior to publishing the story. The editor clicks on a link, and it takes him to a form. When the editor finishes his review, I want an email sent to the owner of the story and to the editor. This is where I run into problems I've tried using the placeholder short code (jdownloads_file___created_mail) for the owner of the file in the email plugin for the form, but the email only goes to those contacts listed specifically by email address and not the placeholder address. And I have no idea how to point to the person submitting the form (i.e., the editor).

Where should I be looking in the Fabrik code to printout an array so I can debug this? I'm thinking I'm not grabbing the right email address. I may need to use the Email to (eval) part of the email plugin, but can't find a good tutorial on how to code what I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I decided I needed the Email to (eval) and this is what I have so far

$user =& JFactory::getUser();
$results= $user->get( 'email' );
$results .= ',';
$results .= '{jdownloads_files___created_mail}';
return $results;

The email gets sent to the $user->get( 'email' ), but not to the created_mail user. I know this field exists and I've checked and rechecked the table___field labels, and I can include it in the list published on the website. So what have I done wrong here?

Interestingly, the below works (same as above, but without the table name included)

$user =& JFactory::getUser();
$results= $user->get( 'email' );
$results .= ',';
$results .= '{created_mail}';
return $results;

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back