Error Creating a simple list

halfa

It's been a couple of years since I touched Fabrik and now I have a situation where I would like to use Fabrik to develop a reporting system.

I've just gone through the basics.

1. I created a second Database Connection so that it will point to another MySQL Database that is for a helpdesk type application.
2. Pointed my list to a table within this database.
3. Set the access level so it is basically read only....ie no add/delete/update/etc
4. Set this to a menu item....tested ......all ok.
5. Modified the elements so that not all elements are displayed. I was able to save the listing....but I can no longer make any other alterations to it because when I save it, I get the error :-

Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY' .......

It seems to want to update the table that my listing is based upon. Which I don't want. I'm working with a copy of a live database and I don't want to change any of it's underlying structure.

Does anyone have any clues to this?

As yet, I haven't subscribed to any support. I'd rather be able to get a good test/demo up and running before I commit to going anything further with Fabrik.

It seems you have no primary key selected (in list setting "Data").
If you want to make sure that no structure is changed set "Alter field types"=no in "Acvanced"

BUT: there's surely no support for you configuration
Platform: Joomla 1.5.8 / Fabrik 2.0.3 SVN 1478 / php 5.2.8 / MySQL 5.1.30 (win32)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back