Error in Encoding

hishamzx

Hi All,

I am using Fabrik 3 to create lists.

Now the lists should be in Arabic Language, where it is RTl and everything went well.

BUT, the content of the lists after adding them appears as questions mark (?????????) for the cells.
But for the table heading it is OK.

Here is the link for the issue:
http://hisham.in/final_ar/index.php/lists

Can any one help please?

Are you really running Fabrik3.1 ALPHA?

I can't see any question marks in your list but this usually shows a collation problem.

What is the default collation of your database and the collation of the database table belonging to your fabrik list? (Check with e.g. phpMyAdmin)

I can't see any question marks in your list but this usually shows a collation problem.

What is the default collation of your database and the collation of the database table belonging to your fabrik list? (Check with e.g. phpMyAdmin)

Hi Troester,

I checked the encoding using (PHPMyAdmin) and fixed it, but whenever I create a new element the collation is set to: latin1_swedish_ci

Do you have any Idea how to make utf8_general_ci as default collation when creating a new element?

content seems ok now!?

Hi Rob,

Yes I followed Troester advice and everything went ok. Thank you so much.

Now I need to know if there is any way to set the default collation as utf8_general_ci

Did you fix the table collation or the column collation?
If the table is utf8_general_ci new columns should be, too.

In GitHub there's a new list option "Collation" , so you can change table's collation via fabrik.
Make sure to take the correct branch if updating from GitHub.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back