Error in main site

marioms

Hello guys,

I have installed the new version of Fabrik (the alpha) in my site, it was working fine (but I had to update it from GitHub because I had some issues with the views) but now after I updated it and I try to log in to my mine site this is appearing:

Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\system\fabrik\defines.php on line 24

Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\system\fabrik\defines.php on line 24

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocsDScomponents/com_fabrik/models/fabrik.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\system\fabrik\defines.php on line 55

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocsDScomponents/com_fabrik/models/fabrik.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\system\fabrik\defines.php on line 55

Why is this happening? Thanks in advance!

Well, updating from GitHub for Fabrik 3.1 is a little tricky because you need to download the "joomla3" branch and not the "Master" one.
And I must say I have not found an easy way to do that because when you hit "downloads", no matter which branch you have selected before, you download the master branch (check you downloaded file, it's most likely "fabrik-master.zip").
The way I do it is

1. Delete my forked Fabrik repository if I have one already
  2. Fork Fabrik repository
  3. In the "admin" settings, change the default branch to "joomla3"
  4. Download as usual. The downloaded file should now read "fabrik-joomla3.zip
Of course you need a github account to do that (but it's free).
There might be an easier way but I haven't found it yet.
Remember also that Fabrik 3.1 is very much alpha, so maybe you can stick to Fabrik 3.0 for now.

I'll be darn! I never noticed this "zip" button. I always click on "Downloads" on the right.
That is much more easy!

I had the same problem. Solved by:
-Installing the Alpha release on my site.
-Downloading the zip, unpacking it at my PC, and uploading the libraries to my site.
Seems to work fine.

Thanks for those helpfull posts.

-- Henrik

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back