Error: internal id does not have default value

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherdude

i set up a form that was working great. a few weeks later i start getting an error message when information is submitted that a default value has not been set for the internal id:

Field \'fabrik_internal_id\' doesn\'t have a default value SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_formdata_1 ....

i'm new to fabrik and trying to learn my way around it. anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Re: Error: internal id does not hve defualt value

Hi could you post what version you are using and the full error?

Thanks!

Andre

sorry, its 1.0.3. full error:

Field \'fabrik_internal_id\' doesn\'t have a default value SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_formdata_1 (`first_name`, `last_name`, `company`, `email_address`, `phone_number`, `street_address`, `city`, `state`, `zip_code`, `skills`, `project_interest`, `reference`, `additional_comments`) VALUES (\'test\', \'test\', \'test\', \'test@test.com\', \'123456789\', \'test\', \'test\', \'va\', \'123456\', \'test\', \'Non-construction Volunteer\', \'Friend or Family\', \'test\') Failed sending receipt to test!

thanks.

Well, generally you should be using 1.04b - While it has some bugs it is still fairly stable and the auto-increment works a bit better in that version. You should try exporting your table with just Fabrik Data selected, then importing it again. That should leave your existing table there along with it's data, just creating a new table and form. If you still experience the problem with the new form you will need to upgrade to 1.04b (There is a patch available in the Downloads section)

Hope that helps,

Andre

andre,

exporting and importing did not work. once i imported the package i unpublished the first table and left the new one published. still getting the same error. i will try the upgrading but any more thoughts?

The most stable version of Fabrik right now is from subversion (see the wiki and the SVN note) and many of the import/export and primary key problems have been dealt with. I would recommend moving to that version or at least the 1.04b patch. I've not had a problem with the primary key since I upgraded.

How many records do you think you have in the table?

Andre

probably about 20 records.

i uploaded the patch and now have more problems. still getting the same error:

Field \'fabrik_internal_id\' doesn\'t have a default value SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fabrik_formdata_1 ( `first_name`,`last_name`,`company`,`email_address`,`phone_number`,`street_address`,`city`,`state`,`zip_code`,`skills`,`project_interest`,`reference`,`additional_comments` ) VALUES ( \'test\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'\',\'Non-construction Volunteer\',\'Friend or Family\',\'\' )

this time it doesn't even submit the form, at least before the form was submitted despite the error.

also i tried to export the table data again and when i did i got this error:

Warning: unlink(/tmp/fabrik_package-.xml) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in d:\publicwebsites\buildinggoodness.org\wwwroot\components\com_fabrik\fabrik_export.class.php on line 228

Warning: fopen(/tmp/fabrik_package-.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\publicwebsites\buildinggoodness.org\wwwroot\components\com_fabrik\fabrik_export.class.php on line 241
Cannot open file (/tmp/fabrik_package-.xml)

sorry for all the trouble but i'm baffled.

What version of PHP and mySql are you using? I think that people are having problems with PHP versions under 5.0 perhaps this could be causing the first error?

The export is definately broken in the latest svn version (115). I think they might be rewriting that portion.

Andre

check also this:

edit your table, select the "data" tab, make sure that fabrik_internal_id is selected for the primary key and make sure that "auto incrementing key" is checked
if that doesnt work, the go into phpmyadmin and run this query:

describe jos_fabrik_formdata_1

and report back what the out put of this query is

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back