Error Joomla Discover

dandodd

Hi,
I'm testing on an XAMPP on XP
installed a new Joomla 1.6.4 and from there
got a clean export of latest SVN (5360) and copied it into place.
ran discover and received one error:
Failed loading XML file
C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla/plugins/fabrik_element/colourpicker/colourpicker.xml
XML: Opening and ending tag mismatch: folder line 16 and filename picked up 116 items in discover, including
one in community without a name and
colourpicker without version date and author.
fields without version date and author.

I installed all but these three and will continue testing

while attempting to add a new list, i entered a label and then clicked on connection, selected site database and reveived the message: unable to import plugin fabrik_element field.
Still i was able to enter a table name and save.
When trying to add an element, i don't get a selection of plugins...

Hope that helps.

Dan

hi

one in community without a name
Yup not converted the community builder plugin to 1.6 yet - There's an open ticket on it but its a low priority one

colourpicker without version date and author.
That should be fixed in the svn

fields without version date and author.
That might well have been caused by the colour picker's xml file bug. Purging the cache and re-discovering seemed to work for me.

You will need to manually enable the plugins, as you do with any normal Joomla plugin, then they sould be available for use and you wont get the message about the missing fabrik_element field.

Still have a discover issue with a fabrik_element called fields showing no version, date or author.

Are there two elements: field and fields?

the field plugin installed w/o error but not fields. following error

• JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\plugins\fabrik_element\fields
  • JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
  • Failed loading XML file
  • C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\plugins\fabrik_element\fields.xml
  • XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/joomla/plugins/fabrik_element/fields.xml"
  • Failed loading XML file
  • C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\plugins\fabrik_element\fields.xml
  • XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/joomla/plugins/fabrik_element/fields.xml"
  • JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\plugins\fabrik_element\fields
  • JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Trying to do some homework, there is not a folder joomla\plugins\fabrik_element\fields
Don't know where to look from here, not knowing the installer process...

And still have a issue with adding a new list after selecting the connection i get the message unable to import plugin fabrik_element field, which seems connected.
when i save list i cannot add elements because i cannot select a plugin in the add element dialogue.

Happy to test and looking forward to the end product, but I'm kind of stuck. I must have the process of installing wrong.

dan

Just to bump it.
I still have the issues in the above post, not all are discover issues.. Shall I start a separate post
Dan

For some reason in Joomla 1.6 None of the fabrik plugins are enabled automatically after installing. So to fix this you must go to Extensions -> plugin manager then select the "select Type" dropdown box and go through each of the fabrik plugins and "enable" them.

This should fix your problem.

XML: failed to load external entity "file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/joomla/plugins/fabrik_element/fields.xml"

Ah ok a search for fields.xml found the password element plugin whose xml manifest file contained a reference to a non-existant 'fields.xml' file

I've updated that file in the svn - could you update and see if that fixes things.

Regarding the plugins as wakie says you have to manually publish them at the moment.

Its on my list of things to do to look at how the installer can auto-publish them for you.

-Rob

i've updated to 5391 and there is still a fields entry in the discover.
I can ignore it and do some simple testing.
thanks for a cool piece of software!
Dan

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back