Export to CSV not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

daGreek

Greetings!

Using Fabik 1.0.5.2, J!1.0.15, php5.

The export CSV feature on the front-end was working fine till I added an additional field to the form and wham, when exporting we received nothing but machine language/goobledygook - like so:

? ??I?0 E?=???J??8 ??6-Q?S?)Rn?? ,??}=g???I?U?u??:?*???pN??9??1:CK&"k?????n?[??7'Uv?????? ???OgRHe?|?%7?'??zBgC?a??q0< ]?_? ?? H?
Output rendered the same whether using Excel, Notepad, Wordpad...

I searched the forum and found a similar post but no solutions.

Constructed a new form with new db table and still receive junk when exporting.

Upgraded to Fabrik 1.0.6...no luck and lost all my CSS customizations [ugh - forgot].

Any suggestions??? We use this feature quite a bit and need to clear this up.

Thanks,
Randy

PS ... remember to NEVER edit our out-of-box templates. Always clone a template and edit the copy, otherwise, as you found out ... your changes get blown away when you upgrade.

-- hugh

PS ... have you enabled gzip compression on your site? The output looks suspicously like gzipped outpout.

-- hugh

Hey Hugh -

You got it on the third post! Yeah, I was trying to speed up the loading a coupla weeks ago and changed that gzip setting. Turned it off and all is good!

Re: cloning templates...yeah, now I remember reading that. Sometimes you learn by being stupid [hopefully one time only].

Thanks for your help! ;)

Randy

No problem. Glad it's fixed.

There has to be a way to work round the gzip thing on our end (maybe setting some pragma to tell the web server not to compress), but for now ... you'll just have to turn gzip off, sorry.

--hugh

thats still odd because the view.table.csv file, specifically states to render the file without gzip compression on:

echo JResponse::toString( false );

the false specifies if compression should be used if available

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back