Exporting data issue

This depends on your database/table/column collation and the export type.
If your collation is UTF8 and you are exporting to a standard CSV (not Excel CSV) it should do.
What is your setup?

Thanks, Troester! :)

Collation UTF8 - standart CSV.
Joomla 3.4.8. Fabrik 3.1 updated from github on jan 8th.

It never happened before here. Or maybe it happened and I was not using a dropdown field and I didn't notice.
We can't see the difference between the characters in csv file (opening in LibreCalc or gedit), it looks the same. When I open the list from my backend I don't see difference too, probably because of the font. But in the frontend list and phpMyAdmin we can see they are different characters (if we look really close the screen hehe). Weird since it happened just in some lines and others come right, same word.

Maybe it was an isolated issue with exportation. I will make some tests to check future behavior. Anyway, I'm reporting here in case of some other user finds the same issue. The solution is: look very close your screen and check the characters LOL

If the characters are so likely:
Is it possible that somebody corrected the "wrong" character (in value) in the dropdown settings at some point?
So that you have older records with the wrong value?

It is a good hypothesis but I don't think so. This character doesn't exist in Portuguese - actually I was just "introduced" to it yesterday with this issue (and it was not easy to find it). I read it exists only in Romenia and Vietnam. So I don't think it was done manually. Yes, I will check older files.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back