Fabrik 3.3.3 / Captcha 3.3.4 problem.

ashishmelanta

I am trying to use the Captcha element with Standard Captcha option turned. I got a blank page when I tried to link a menu item to the related Fabrik Form. When I increased the Joomla System error level to Maximum, I see the following message when I open that Form page.

Notice: Undefined property: PlgFabrik_ElementCaptcha::$user in /home/ashish/domain.com/plugins/fabrik_element/captcha/captcha.php on line 118

The Captcha options for the element are shown in attached images. I have also attached the php code it is referring to, in the error above.

fab_captcha1.png fab_captcha2.png fab_captcha3.png

Cannot understand PHP that well, so requesting somebody in this forum to help me with this issue. I am unable to use a Captcha secured Feedback form for this reason.

Appreciate your help in advance,
Ashish

You can't mix versions.
Update Fabrik to 3.3.4 via Joomla updater.

But also a GitHub update is no "re-installing from scratch". See WIKI (link in my signature)

Troester, thanks for your response. Will do a Joomla update of the Fabrik Components + Plugins using the Extensions Manager. Do I need to do in any particular order?

Regards,
Ashish

I tried upgrading Fabrikar related Component/Plugins/Elements via Joomla Extension Manager. Upgrading the Fabrik System Plugin before the Fabrik Core Component broke my Joomla installation. I could not see the error log as I had not turned on the debug level to 'Maximum'. Thankfully, I had the backup of the code and db. I restored the backup and did another upgrade but this time, upgraded the Fabrik System Plugin last. And voila, the upgrade went thru fine and I am now able to see the Standard Captcha in my Fabrik form correctly.

Appreciate your help, Hugh and Troester.

Ashish

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back