Fabrik 500 Error after Akeeba Kickstart

polarweb

Jeremiah
I moved a site with Akeeba Kickstart and everything works but Fabrik. Here is my error on the front end list view page:
500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list : <br /><br /><pre>Could not connect to MySQL.</pre>

On the backend when I go to view the list:

0 Could not connect to MySQL.

I just had the same issue and spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to solve this.
I moved a joomla site with fabrik to another server using Akeeba 4.2. It successfully moved and the site worked fine except for the Fabrik parts. "cannot connect to mysql". I went into connections and the "database" that was displaying was from the old server and had a different prefix. After trying to save with the correct name it persisted in throwing the error "cannot connect mysql error". I' double checked the username/password and even tried to create a new independent connection but still the same connection mysql error. I used the same username/password to connect remotely using navicat and it connected no problem.

After trying this a couple of times with Akeeba I simply went into the "fabrik_connections" table and updated it manually and voila it worked immediately... Hopefully this will save someone else the time.

Akeeba doesn't change any component data, so you have to update the Fabrik connection always after copying your site (no matter whith which means).

But no idea why you couldn't edit the Fabrik connection directly.

even tried to create a new independent connection
Don't do this (or at least don't use it).
Lists are linked to the connection id and you will get all sorts of issues if you are trying to delete a used connection or if you are working with two connections pointing to the same DB (for Fabrik it's not the "same").
So better trash the addional one (with the new id) and empty trash.

Updating the fabrik_connections in the DB is ok - if you know what you are doing.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back