Fabrik Joomla Search plugin - missing plugin params info causing fatal errors?

BasilC

Enabling the Search - Fabrik plugin leads to fatal errors when going to the search interface. The following error is reported:
Fatal error: Call to a member function def() on a non-object in /home/palmersg/public_html/pgcdev2/plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 278

Line 278 is as follows:
PHP:
        // Load plugin params info
        $limit = $params->def('search_limit', 50);

If I get round that by changing the line to $limit = 50; the fatal error occurs a few lines later

PHP:
   // Set heading prefix
  $headingPrefix = $params->get('include_list_title', true);

If I change that to $headingPrefix = true; the fatal error then occurs at

PHP:
 $section = $params->get('search_section_heading');

If I change that line to $section = 'Fabrik/record'; search will run but not find any Fabrik content.

Any idea what is wrong?

I can't replicate.
Those lines don't match the current code, I assume you have mixed Fabrik3.2 and Fabrik3.0 plugins.
Best is to do a complete GitHub update.

Thanks, I did a GitHub update and the fatal error has gone away. But those exact same lines remain in plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php. Not sure how I ended up with a mix of files since I used a clean install of Fabrik 3.1 or 3.2 into a new Joomla installation.

The other problem (not finding Fabrik records) was happening because I didn't have the list configured properly - again, failing to follow the detailed instructions. Must do better in the New Year!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back