Fabrik Juser plugin generate wrong password hash

simbus82

I'm using a Fabrik form to generate joomla user accounts.

I receive an email, all works without errors... but when i try to login with generated password, i can't login and i receive the wrong password error.

i see in DB the hashed password (joomla 2.5, php 5.3) but i can't login, if i hash my password with one of hundred sites that do this...and re-write it in db... now i can login without problems.

it seems that Fabrik do a wrong job to hash the password.

My password is generated in a calc field with a random pass generator in php, and then in juser plugin i have selected this field for "password".
The username is generated from simple name field.

password-calc-field.JPGjuser-form-plugin.JPG

I have expereinced this problem, and I noticed that Fabrik3 password support does not cater for the new hash algorithms introduced in J3.2.thms.

Consequently you experience hash problems everytime you edit a frabrik record using passwords, it does a hash calc on teh OLD joomla method.

Only way around was for me to change Jomla core to force using the old hash algorithms

hi troester,

last time I worked with this was about 2 months ago, and have not checked or updated my one client site until I am 100% sure this has been resolved as I did PHP hacks to the joomla core on the authentication section. This problem manifested itself when joomla went from V3.1.6 to V3.2 if I recall and they changed the algorithm.

I have not checked since.

I'm sorry but I made a big mistake, I posted on this page of the forum that I have in the bookmarks, but I had to post in the "joomla 2.5" because I talk about Fabrik 3.0.x for Joomla 2.5.x

I apologize!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back