Fatal error after upgrading J25 to J323

Status
Not open for further replies.

florisjan

After upgrading my site from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.2.3 I get a blanc page in both frontend as backend.
Changed error reporting to maximum and tried frontend again.
First error was about fabrik plugin, so I uploaded the latest fabrikfiles from Github (8/4/14)

Now I get this fatal error:
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Class 'FText' not found in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.org/httpdocs/mmp_upgrade/plugins/content/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 68
The fabrik.php is equal to the one in the Githubfile I downloaded today (9/4/14).

Who can help me?

Joomla3.2.3 needs Fabrik3.1.
You have to use the GitHub-joomla3 branch and (as usually) you have to do a compleate GitHub update (i.e. no GitHub cherrypicking, updating/overriding ALL files, not only e.g. "older" ones)

Ok, there seems to be a bug with FText in the content plugin (FText was introduced recently as a wrapper to JText).
It's trying to display
throw new RuntimeException(FText::_('COM_FABRIK_SYSTEM_PLUGIN_NOT_ACTIVE'), 400);

So is the Fabrik system plugin enabled?

I have another "small" problem that I cannot enter in the backend as this gives a blank/white page.
I opened via phpadmin the extensions-table and there I find the plugin enabled.

Attachments

• fabrik2.png
    fabrik2.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 260
I would try to
disable the system plugin in phpMyAdmin
if you can access the backend:
install Fabrik3.1 from download area
then update from GitHub again

With a GitHub update it's only updating the files, so Fabrik DB entries are still Fabrik3.0. Not sure what this is mixing up.

As I could not find the solution I wrote the maker of the migration tool. He helped me with the migration (we restarted from the beginning) and he found out that disabeling the F-system plugins was the solution for the problem.
Now my site is working with Fabrik 3.1 after the migration and updating Fabrik (there is one small problem with the frontend, but that I reported in an other thread).

I use 'Migrate Me Plus' as this extension copies files and databases tables. After migration a 'copy' of the site is made in a subdirectory and then you can upgrade extensions, modules and plugins if needed.
I thought I had disabled the Fabrik-plugins but not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back