Fatal error on 3.0.7

hotdogguy

OK, I finally got all updates and purge the cache and now have this error when I try to use the validate option in new element

Fatal error/home/helaman5/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/plugin.php104

Any ideas from anyone??

thanks

I can't replicate this, how did you update?

You are posting in Fabrik2 forum, what is your Joomla and fabrik version?

Well, I started out with version 2.0.6.3....
updated by downloading the zipped file off of Github and unzipped it and zipped it back up and upload to the root of my server, then extracted the files thru cpanel like I have done on several other web sites.

Did a discovery and installed all files, did a purge cache and ended up with 3.0.7..

my joomla is 2.5.8

Should I now be in the 3.0x channel???

Funny I have several other website where it has worked just fine. I could use it as is, just won't be able to validate anything.

I was just hoping for an easy fix, also BTW have changed to other templates which some times works but same thing so not a template problem. I just reinstalled joomla about a week ago so have not installed a lot of other things.

Hate to do it, but could start over and blow off the whole web site and reinstall....

like I said was just hoping for an easy fix, but with computers there never seems to be an easy fix, lol

I assume you've started with 3.0.6.3, so I've moved your thread.

I would try to do the GitHub update again, maybe there's a corrupted file.

I updated today from 3.0.6.3 to 3.07, following the gitHub directions. My site uses Joomla 2.5.8.

I, too, ended up with a fatal error on two different sites. One site said I had an unexpected '[' in line 880 of .../components/com_fabrik/models/list.php

I commented out line 879 and 880, which I noted were not in the previous version of list.php, and things are working again on both sites.

That error in line 800 was fixed a couple of hours ago. Seems that what I wrote whilst fine in php 5.4 was not ok for php5.3 so ive now altered it.

Solved, I pull a copy of the file

Fatal error/home/helaman5/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/plugin.php104

from a working website and copied over my copy that is not working. Everything working fine now....wipes sweat off my brow...I was about to delete and reinstall...the quick fix I was looking and hoping for

I did notice the old copy was 153 lines of code and the replacement was only 152, just if you were curious

problem with github update

Dear fabrikar,

please help...

i installed joomla 2.5.8, fabrik 3.6.3, update github latest...3.0.7

i faced a similar problem as the thread stated.

nonetheless, i cannot solve it at all. The update does not work, plugin is not updated, when i click new element, there are errors.

please look into this? I think there is a miscode in the files in github?

Thereafter I installed joomla 3.0.2, fabrik 3.1a, github joomla 3 latest.

Things work.

Nevertheless, I need 2.5.8 to work too.

please help...thanks

The update does not work,plugin is not updated
Which update? after a GitHub update (which means loading all files via e.g. FTP) you can't do a Joomla update, this will reload older files and mix versions.

installed:

1. joomla 2.5.8,
2. installed package Fabrik 3.0.6.3
3. uploaded via FTP: github https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik

What I did:

1. Extension manager > discover
2. Purge Cache
3. Discover
4. Install (i see many 3.0.7 plugins)

1. Extension manager > Update
2. Purge Cache
3. Find Updates
4. Install (i see it is still 3.0.6.3)

Results:

1. No new plugins installed
2. When I go New Element, error....something to do with databasejoin or something. I cannot post here cos I have uninstalled my entire joomla already.

Retrospect:

1. I did the same to Joomla 3.0.2, Fabrik 3.1a
2. Everything works.
3. Except sometimes when doing forms, there are some bugs in detecting the plugins of elements, but 90% ok.

please help..

Thank you

If I cannot use joomla update, what should i do?

I see many plugins during discover and i see 3.0.6.3 during updates, even after i purge, what should i do? Should i just leave them alone?

You've missed the main step

ExtensionManager-> Manage
"refresh cache" on all fabrik

This will tell Joomla the new version of the already installed plugins.

After this there shouldn't be any fabrik in ExtensionManager/Update (after a purge cache).

"Discover" is showing the additional plugins included in the GitHub code, you don't need to install any of them as long as you don't want to use them.

thank you

Hi troester,

Thank you very much. I'll try do it and see if it works on my end.

warmest regards

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back