FEATURE REQUEST - on delete form plugin

Stachura

Hi,

On Delete form plug-in option would allow to process additional script (PHP, etc.) when a record is deleted by a form (or through the list view).

Please let me know if this can be accomplished now. I only see on new and on edit options in the form plugin drop down.

Thank you

You can always use a PHP plugin instead of the "regular" delete checkbox, so you incorporate all the desired post-deletion processes.

The php_events list plugin may be also doing this but I haven't tested it yet so I am not sure how it works.

It is not, but you can have a PHP plugin that performs a delete of the selected record(s) and then do other stuff.
The php_events might pick up on the delete action though and can do the same, but as I said, I have not tested.

Ok, ok tell me more. How would I be able to have the Delete link from the list view or the Delete button do that? Or, would I suppress these and create my own. I think, you can do it on the list - have your own action with a script, but what about the form? Would I have to sacrifice the Apply button and name it Delete :) ... ?
Thank you

This simplest would be to disable deletion from within the form, and you can use the list php_events plugin which has a onDeleteRows() method, which will be called when you delete rows.

Yeah - that's what I was actually thinking in the middle of the night. It doesn't give me the delete option from the form edit, but it will work from the list and I will be able to clean up.
Thanks a lot.

Back