Fill a field based on another field ( partially Solved )

nusilmar

Hello ...

Need to do this :

Have table 1 with :

id , software_type, software_brand ( id, field, dropdown)

Have table 2 with :

id, software, software_type, software_brand ( id, field, database join, ???? )

Need that software_brand on table 2 be automaticaly filled when i put something on software_type on table 2.

I know how to do this in sql ( simple sql ( select table1.software_brand where table2.software_type=table1.software_type) , but what i don't know is how to pull it off in fabrik.

Though on doing it with a calc type, or use a form autofill plugin but all my attempts failed ...

Any help !!! please ???

I think this software type should be a database join element and software_brand a cascading dropdown element watching the software brand element. I am not sure that the CDD element is included in default package but if not you can get it from fabrik github (see the link under my post)

Yes, that was the approach i used instead. But what i really want is to autofill a field , based on another field. As for now the CCD option is in use , but if i had the option of using an autofill field ( based on a database query, using ajax for updating instantly ... that would be great )...

Anyway ...

Problem solved, i'm using this approach instead ... but if anyone knows how to do what i really wanted ... please do tell me...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back