1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you update to Joomla 3.9.16, you will have to update Fabrik from the latest GitHub version, to fix a bug introduced in Joomla, which makes it impossible to list front end folder locations in backend JForms. This affects things like template selection.
    Dismiss Notice

Filter in list doesn't keep its setting once I save

Discussion in 'Community' started by 7webcreator, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 7webcreator

7webcreator Member

Level: Community
    Hello,

My site has the last Joomla version (Joomla! 3.9.16) and Fabrik 3.9.

The list filter displays the result expected once sets. However, as soon as I edit a row and save it, the result of my previous search disappears. Any idea why?

Thank you

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Do you have set "Reset filter"=Yes in your menu item?
    And/Or a redirect plugin?

3. 7webcreator

7webcreator Member

Thank you for your reply.

No redirect plugins (list or form) or reset filter set for this list. Please see below screenshots.

form plugins.JPG list plugins.JPG reset filter.JPG

4. troester

Is it in frontend and/or in backend?

Can you change the "Reset filters" option in the menu item? What is the "Link" in this menu looking like?

I found one site where I can't change this option and the link is showing ... &calculations=0&resetfilters=0. It's a very old, updated site and it seems these params where "hardcoded" at some point in the Joomla menu link. It's ok with new menu items and it's ok if I remove these params in #_menu manually.

5. 7webcreator

7webcreator Member

It occurs in frontend and the backend. Yes, I can change the "Reset Filters" option in the menu item. I have tried the option with on or off, but nothing has changed. Below is the screenshot displaying the only settings I have under the pre-filter. Do you think, if I re-create the menu item from scratch, it could work?
    upload_2020-3-22_12-58-21.png

6. troester

I can't imagine that's related to the prefilter.
    But yes, try a new menu item.

Other settings to test: caching, list ajaxfied on/off ...
    Is it with all lists? New effect after Joomla update?

7. 7webcreator

7webcreator Member

Thank you for your help. I have created a new menu, and now the settings stay when I save a row.:)