Form doesn't load on the frontend!

aliendna51

I've made the list with the form and elements and everything and it worked flawlessly!
But I had an element joined with content created from the feedgator component. Then I decided to remove feegator and the database tables that were no longer needed. Ever since I did that the form on the frontend doesn't work no matter what I do. I've done everything I could imagine and I mean EVERYTHING..
I've created the menu item for the form again, I've created the article category I want linked again, I've checked every possible conflicting setting in every element, I've removed fabrik and installed it again 3 times (the last time dropping all tables), I've even created the whole form again element by element with a new database!!! It just doesn't work...
It works as expected on the backend, the list shows ok both on the backend and the frontend, I can add new records on the backend, but when I try to visit the menu item with the form or when I try to add a new record from the list view on the frontend it never loads!
What could possibly be wrong?

When you say it doesn't load what do you actually see? Are there error messages or just a blank screen?

Like trying to visit a nonexistent page.
Firefox reports:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Well thats a new one on me, never seen that error before.

Try disabling Joomla cache if you have it running and also clearing your cookies and cache within firefox.

If you have access to your server logs that would be a good place to look as well.

The fact that it worked before eliminates server setup, templates etc so I can only imagine uninstalling feedgator has had some effect.

Are you running the latest release of Fabrik and possibly any github updates?

If all else fails try re-installing feedgator to see if that cures it.

Caching (and gzip) is disabled and I've tried reinstalling feedgator but no change...
Joomla 2.5.4 and fabrik 3.0.5.2
Don't know what to do...

If that helps, I've got the following error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hostingplace/sitefolder/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 377
which has the code
// If we want the whole field data object add that to the list.
else
{
foreach ($fields as $field)
{
$result[$field->Field] = $field;
}
}

return $result;
where line 377 is the else case.
And also the following:
PHP:
Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hostingplace/sitefolder/libraries/joomla/database/table.php on line 406
which has the code
/**
* Method to reset class properties to the defaults set in the class
* definition. It will ignore the primary key as well as any private class
* properties.
* @return void
* @link http://docs.joomla.org/JTable/reset
* @since 11.1
*/
public function reset()
{
// Get the default values for the class from the table.
foreach ($this->getFields() as $k => $v)
{
// If the property is not the primary key or private, reset it.
if ($k != $this->_tbl_key && (strpos($k, '_') !== 0))
{
$this->$k = $v->Default;
}
}
}
where 406 is the "foreach" line.

Does that make sense?

Can you describe your list setup, i.e how many elements and what are they.

I have no idea what joins, (if any), you are using, calcs, dbjoins etc.... so it's hard to advise until you provide a little more info.

did you try clearing your browsers cache and maybe even another browser?

Try maybe unpublishing all your elements except id and date to see if it loads then...

Could you check your php version and also your PHP memory settings.

You can find both by going into your backend, Site -> system information -> php information.

PHP is 5.2.17 and memory limit is 64M.

I have 24 elements in the form, most of which are simple text field plus some date and chechbox elements. The databasejoin element pulls content article titles filtered by category and featured. I use a prefilter on the list for users to be able to add or edit only their own records unless they have admin rights.

The most curious thing is that it worked flawlessly before and even now that it doesn't I've done it all from the beginning...

The form module does work btw, so this is how I ended up including the form on the webpage, which is really frustrating.

Thanks for the replies! If you have any ideas please share them...

Well the memory is okay, not too sure on the PHP though.

As per the Wiki Fabrik requires PHP5.2+ (preferably 5.2.3+). 5.2.17 should be okay but I personally cannot confirm if everything will work 100%, however as it was working before I don't think this is the issue.

I would certainly unpublish your elements, specifically any which involve calc or dbjoins and see if it works then as I mentioned before.

I've tried unpublishing a few elements and it didn't change a thing, but as I mentioned, it does work as expected from the backend and via the form module, it's just the menu item form (and the add new record button on the list display - again only on the frontend) that doesn't work... Puzzled...

Till we find a solution to that could you help with something else? In the databasejoin element how would I display a text if my sql statement doesn't have something to return? By default if it doesn't return anything the whole form gets an error. If there's absolutely no way I should make sure I always have at least one record fulfilling my statement, which is manageable, but I'd rather display a "no articles are found" text or something. If there's no way to do it by sql statement would it work with a php eval default value?

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This is not necessarily a fabrik issue.

Can you post a link to your site? Or at least the URL creating this error?
Do you have SEF enabled (Joomla or 3rd party)?

DBjoin dropdown:
I can't see an error if the there's no data only an empty dropdown. You can set a 'Please select' value and label default.

Hi,

I am having a problem, doesn't matter if my form has advanced fields such as databasejoins, fileuploads, etc or if it only has fields, the message that always comes up when I click on the link to the form is "The page isn't redirecting properly".

I installed the latest version 3.0.5.2, set up the forms, elements and then when I created a menu link I selected menu item type as form (which is under Fabrik with other types such as List, csv, Details, etc) and then selected the form I wanted.

Please let me know if you need more information. Any help would be appreciated as this is very urgent.

Thank you!!!

Try another browser or alternatively try clearing your cookies and cache.

If the above doesn't help then please start a new thread.

I thought I'd inform anybody reading the thread that it turned out to be a template problem... I had other things not showing properly as well, so I figured out it was the template. With a new template fabrik and some other stuff that didn't work, does work properly...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back