Form-Integration in an article with wrong settings!

Do you like the documentation for the fabrik?

• [++] the docu is absolut perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [+] the docu is not good, but I found all something

• [-] no, but I found very fast resolution in forum

• Total voters
Dear,

now I am a step behind I am was before!

In an article I have insert this line:

{fabrik view=form id=11 template=long_reservierung reservierung___id=$JRequest::getVar('reservierung___id')}

The correct form comes with the correct field settings and with the correct data entries - about this, I only a little bit happy - why for this I have search in doku and forum all the day, only why documentation expl. modul - form - option - Row Id and Use Key is so bad written, that only a searching over many hours bring nothing!

Before I have loaded the form with

{loadposition reser2deutsch}

By this in reser2deutsch the module-setting is for the form with all other settings in this form. Form-ID 11 is exact this form and in this I have setup for all the 4 possiblities the template "long_reservation" and this form has a group with same name in in this group is setting 2 columns per each line, expl. name ..... vorname .....

With the other way, to insert the form direct, then fabrik ignore the settings in the form for the template! I have test too, to set the template with the variable template, but this will not work, can been wrong! An other problem is, the settings in the Group with setting the form for 2 columns will ignorate too! I am absolute sure, that small parameters, but they not documented, so as in the description in Joomla - Plugins - Fabrik Content, can change this!

Please can one help me and give me the correct syntax for the inserting string and PLEASE change this direct in the documentation too!

Regards and many thanks
P.S. I know thats a big project, but a little bit better documentation, expl. only with the possibilites, will help everybody!

Dear Troester,

I have testet the last days, but this will not work correct. When I save the form it will every time create a new record, but I see before the correct datas. You can see in my video:

Greatings

Detlef

Dear Troester,

thats was! Now I can edit correct over the 3 pages and this works fine!
So in the documentation for intigratian an edit form in an joomla article, must been an information too, that only rowid can been used for edit and all other filters will not work!

So, for all other how this works?

We can make with the save function of an form a redirect (Form Plugin redirect), best to a menu link (and from them to an article) and not to an joomla article direct, otherwise you have possible later problems with deactivation of differented joomla modules. You can create a separate menu with will not been shown. For the redirect you can then use as an example in the form:

http://www.MyJoomlaProject.com?rowid={rowid}&name=mytable___myelement

in the article you can now edit this record via:

{fabrik view=form id=1 rowid=[rowid]}

and you can go in an list view too, expl. with

{fabrik view=list id=1 rowid=[rowid]} or with other filters:
{fabrik view=list id=1 mytable___myelement=[name]}

In this example name is only a parameter. You can use paramternames, as you like and you must change mytable___myelement with your table you use for this form and the element, what you will set in the parameter, so expl. name!

For an edit of a record, you can not use an other filter else rowid !!!!

To hidden a menu, you can use a module, that is in a free page position, where will not been shown as a menu!

This small line has cost me 2 weeks (not every hour) searching and 2 years of my life! So about this, I like, when this will been copied in this or other form in the documentation!

Thanks

Detlef

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back