Form-Styling is a big horror - smal things missed

Dear,

with the github - update yesterday:

when a user create a form with 2 or more colunns (will been defined in the groups),
then it will been a wunderful plugin, to create an empty space (will not save in the database)

Expl. for a Form with two columns

name - surname
street - empty space
postalcode - city
country - empty space
telefon - mailadress

Why as not exists, we must make climbs to the rocks:
So, we make a field with readyonly for this with an label
Code:

and we must reformat with css, that a user will not see this, that we have created
a field for nothing, only for an empty space!
or we can reformat all something via css - and thats a lot of work! So a simple plugin
for an empty space - or can been used for an text-information too, will been wunderful!

An other problem for the plugins "dropdown" or "date" - plugin:
Their is not a possibilty to set this to readonly!
For a frontend dialog I have copy one form to an other. Then in the form copy I must change the
fields from dropdown to field - then to readonly - the fabrik will then change to other format text to varchar 255 - and when I cancel, it?s not save the changings, but an other problem in fabrik help me here:
With 2 databases (connections) they get an error for the mysql-update EVERYTIME and in the form copy thats works fine with field and the original works with date! When I create in a form copy a new element, then they save this correct in the original and create the table field correct!

oh, what a wunderful live

Detlef

Dear troester,

thanks for this:
Readonly: set element access "Form view"=nobody
yes that?s a nice trick and this helps too for the fields for "spared room" - so about this no a changing in the css must been doen.

Regards

Detlef

So a simple plugin
for an empty space - or can been used for an text-information too, will been wunderful!
use the display element, with its 'show label's option off ?

An other problem for the plugins "dropdown" or "date" - plugin:
Their is not a possibilty to set this to readonly!
read-only has a specific HTML meaning that is only applicable to certain input types. We can't liberally apply it to all elements, as we would have one setting which would then do different things based on their context.
As troester says the correct way to do this is to use the access control settings.

thanks rob, the 2 things can been help - will only be nice, to see the informations expl. in an help text where this option "readonly" is for other plugins is not visible!

Many thanks

Detlef

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back