Front end list view - how to remove Edit and Empty tools?

billvv

When I view the list in the front end with my log on set to a level that I want to allow viewing only, I see controls to empty the table, delete checked rows, and edit or delete a row. How do I remove them? I have the edit, add, delete, and empty access controls set to 'Special' on the back end.

The list access settings are using the Joomla access leves, it doesn't depend on front or backend but on your logged-in user's Joomla groups.

The list access settings are using the Joomla access leves, it doesn't depend on front or backend but on your logged-in user's Joomla groups.

I have the access levels in 'access' set to 'Special for empty, delete, add, and edit but when I log in with a lower level user the 'empty' on top and edit and delete icons to the right still appear.

There is not necessarily a "lower level" in Joomla access system, many user groups are on the same level. When you look at Joomla default user groups, even Guest and SuperUser are on the same "level".

You should check first which user groups belong to "Special" access level, usually Author, Manager and SuperUsers and then make sure your logged in user doesn't belong to any of these.

And for the "empty table" rights you may want to create a new access level "Noone" and assign no user groups to this level. That way noone can empty the table e.g. by accident.

Last edited:
This is Joomla, not Fabrik. Do you have only the Joomla standard groups and access levels or modified ones?
Check in Users/Viewing Access Levels which groups have "special" access.
Check your users which groups they are in.
Access levels are "inherited".

Back