Fullcalendar in version 3.8.1

Hi guys,

We recently upgraded to Joomla 3.8.x and Fabrik 3.8.1. We use the FullCalendar visualization and after the update we discovered that the calendar was always blank. After some debugging this morning I discovered that the calendar worked when Joomla is in Debug mode. I then found in fullcalendar.php - getEvents() method that the start date and end dates were blank when Joomla was in non-debug mode but correct when it was in debug mode:

$calStart = $input->get('startDate', '');
$calEnd = $input->get('endDate', '');

Looking for where startDate and endDate are filled in lead me to the fullcalendar.js file, starting at line 56.

What I discovered was very interesting: The minified version does NOT work, the non-minified works. I minified the non-minified file myself with two online minifiers with exactly the same results!

This screenshot is from the Chrome debugger when using the NON-minified file:
upload_2019-3-12_13-25-32.png

This screenshot is from the Chrome debugger when using the minified file:
upload_2019-3-12_13-26-6.png

Notice that the entire section that builds the URL is not there! The c and d parameters (start, end) are never used. This is the section of the non-minified file:
upload_2019-3-12_13-31-32.png

I'm not much of a JavaScript programmer, but this looks very strange to me.

Is this a known problem and has it been fixed?

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC.

Strange.
With Joomla3.9.3 and Fabrik3.8.1 fullcalendar is working on my site and I see the params also in the minified file.
upload_2019-3-12_22-18-2.png

Does your minified file have a recent date (i.e. it's not keeping some old version because of e.g. not being writeable etc.)?

Hi, thanks for the comment!

I took the minified file and "unminified" it the best I could and the code IS in the file, but when loaded into either Chrome or FF, the debugger doesn't show it at all! Which makes zero sense to me.

The file date is Dec 5, 2018, same as on most of the other files it seems. I can't see why this would have anything to do with Joomla being in debug mode or not. So it's NOT the minified file, but something else.

Bottom line for me: Unminified works, minified doesn't. I *do* have my own template but all it does is add some CSS and I have compared it to the latest bootstrap template and apart from a few php lines updating some CSS, they are identical. Besides I was testing this with the bootstrap template with exactly the same results.

I have "fixed" this by just renaming the minified file so it picks up the non-minified file and it works perfectly. Strange is definitely a good word for it ;)

Best regards,
Arnor

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back