FYI: JCE latest update seems to cause an issue with textarea element

thellie

I spent a time headscratching yesterday, into the wee small hours, as to why my textarea was not updating - either with the autofill plugin, or manually...

I suddenly remembered just now that I'd done a quick update for JCE when I'd logged in earlier in the day. So I changed my editor to TinyMCE, stuck some text in the textarea, and Robert is your father's brother...

So, if you're having textarea issues, check your editor before losing hours of sleep, and piles of hair.
-------
Edit: changing to TinyMCE seems to have halved my form's processing time as well.

Last edited:
Which version of JCE? I'm two versions (2.5.27) behind the latest but would have updated if I hadn't seen your message. Have you alerted JCE?

...no I haven't alerted as I've been out all day - also I wasn't 100% that this is the reason, but changing editors does seemed to have improved things a lot. The previous version(s?), which I didn't think about until I moved to TinyMCE this morning, was also slower in processing pages than TinyMCE - processing time has dropped from 30 secs down to around 8secs for my main (WiP) form.

I just updated to 2.5.29, not experiencing any problems:

http://screencast.com/t/fj9vLSnF7FUy

My system is kinda slow because I'm running everything (server and browser) on the same laptop, but there's no change in speed for that form, which is one of my standard torture tests for maps.

-- hugh

I can't think what else it could be - as soon as I turned JCE off, and TinyMCE on, everything worked properly (I was having issues with the textarea, as I mentioned, which were resolved immediately). JCE was straight out of the box, no changes to profiles or anything, and just updated as and when they popped up...

Strange.

Can you point me at a page?

If you just have the simplest possible test case, a form (no AJAX-ifications) with just a textarea on it, is it still problematic?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back