Greek Translation Encoding problem

pomonis

I try to translate the terms of Fabrik's english.php file to a greek.php file.
The problem is that my site uses utf-8 encoding (it has to, as I want to have content both in greek and in english).
I named in the greek.xml file that the encoding is UTF-8 (the same statement as in core Joomla greek language file).
But when I try to access a Fabrik table, instead of viewing the translation of words as "View", "Edit", "Delete" to greek ones, I see only strange characters...
If I change the encoding of the page (through browser's menu) to ISO-8859-7 (greek-iso) then I can see the translated terms correctly, but the rest of the site becomes unreadable...

The question is:
Do you, somewhere in Fabrik's php code, read these terms presuming that they are in simple ISO format and no in UTF-8?
Please point it to me in order to alter it...
Or there is something else I'm missing here?

can you attach the UTF-8 file so I can try taking a look. I'm the first to admit that I don't know a lot about encoding but I will try to see what the problem is

Cheers
Rob

I attach the greek.xml file and a testing greek.php file where I've translated only the words edit, add, delete, select_all, display. These are the files I use for testing purposes...

Attachments

• greek.zip
    12 KB · Views: 290
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back