Group by not working in list view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amuleta

I started another thread about 'group by' messing up pdf output, but I've since discovered that the group by isn't working at all in the list view.
It does group as configured in the list settings, but is totally inactive when I try and change the grouping in list view.

I started another thread about 'group by' messing up pdf output, but I've since discovered that the group by isn't working at all in the list view.
It does group as configured in the list settings, but is totally inactive when I try and change the grouping in list view.
I've gone right back to the beginning - to my first mysql backup of this fabrik installation, just a very basic setup, and the problem with the group by is also there.

Are you using Joomla's standard Protostar template and Fabrik's original bootstrap list template?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

I've done the update. but it hasn't solved the problem.
When Ajaxify is off the group by works in the list view.
And re the pdf output, if I set the list to group by a field in the list settings the pdf still messes up.

Hi Troester.
Well turning ajaxify on and off a few times may have fixed that issue! That's the first time I've seen it work :)
However, when I set the list to group by a field in the list settings the pdf output doesn't show any records nor pick up the bootstrap template (I think). It opens in the same window rather than opening a dialogue. With Group by not set to group, the pdf output opens dialogue and downloads a pdf with the records and the pdf template css style I have made so far.
There's another menu item I've added "Classes" without any group by set in the list settings, you can see that that does work.

as I've said, pdf on group by has a bug, with error reporting on you would see an error message like
Fatal error: Call to undefined method FabrikViewList::layoutGroupHeading() in ...\components\com_fabrik\views\list\tmpl\bootstrap\default.php on line 93

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have Joomla error reporting set to Development level and no errors displayed.
I have another less developed site with similar structure and everything works fine there.

As this issue is present in my first sql back up, with just a few lists and no list joins etc, would I be right to think that maybe the install glitched?

No, there's some of the new jlayout stuff missing in view.pdf.php.
You can have a look at my pull request (and try to use this modified file).
It's working on my site but I'm not totally sure if this is the correct place, so Hugh/Rob should have a look first.

I tried with your file and no luck. I don't get why it cracks up on this site but works on another of my sites with the same Joomla and Fabrik installs?

Which exact Fabrik version do you have on your site (GitHub from?)?

Your error reporting is set to "System default" which usually is none.
Can you add FTP access infos to your site?

Now your PDF is showing
Fatal error: Call to undefined method FabrikViewList::layoutGroupHeading() in ..../components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/bootstrap-pdf/default.php on line 93
as expected (so it doesn't seem you have added my patch code)

Big apologies troester, you're right. I'd pasted your code into the cloned site that I made when I really thought I was going to have to start all over again.
Many thanks for your tireless patience and help with this, it's working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back