Having Troubles With JUser Plugin Sync

polarweb

Jeremiah
I have three basic usergroups on my site.

Employers (Free Access)
Subscribed Employers (Paid Access)
Job Seekers (Free Access)

I am using an extension that allows an employer to purchase a subscription to access more content and the extension places a user into multiple groups, i.e. Employers + Subscribed Employers as it is an upgrade.

I am using the juser form plugin to create accounts and build profiles. When employers update their profile, its not storing all of the usergroup they are in.

It only stores it as one of the usergroup and in my case, its dropping them from the "subscribed employers" and throws them into the "employers" group.

Any thoughts on how I can get this to work better or store all the usergroups they are associated with?

Just looking at juser.php, looks like a lot of "FIXME's". I almost think this is bug because it's not storing multiple usergroups. Should I try to make it work better and push it to github?

I have a default user group they go into after registration and in the Fields config, i also have it set to a field I created in the Fabrik form. It seems either a: the default user group is overriding the other setting, or, it's only storing one of the usergroups they are in. I have members in two usergroups and if I go to update their record, the sync process only stores the record for one of the usergroups and rewrites the joomla usergroup table.

Ill try to be simpler...

Test User registers on the site using fabrik form and juser. They are placed into Group A. After they complete their form, they go to a subscription page. If they purchase a subsription they are added to Group B for more access to the site. They are in both Group A and Group B at this point.

Now, if they go back to their profile to edit (fabrik form, edit own record -1, myid, etc), and when they save the form, they go back into Group A because of something..

...There is one thing I am not sure about and that's setting a "condition" under "default user group". Can I make a condition that checks to see what usergroup they are currently in and if they are in Group B to not touch their usergroup?

Are you using the "usergroup" element plugin in your form and selected as "User group field" in the jUser form plugin settings? It's the only one which handles multiple usergroups.

Hmm...nope its a plain text type field. Bravo. Let me download this element plugin and see what I can do.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back