Help needed - custom form template

roebelix

Hi. I'm looking for a solution to solve the following problem:

Within a project for the German Red Cross users have to fill in a form called 'Unfallanzeige'. I created a database, lists and forms to collect the data.

Step two is that someone other has to control if the data are right and correct them if needed. Until this point all is looking perfect.

But: the form has to be printed in a given format: https://www.uv-bund-bahn.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Unfallanzeige_2015.pdf

The print-form is default by the german rules for sending emergency data to the receiver (german: gesetzliche Unfallversicherungskasse).

I'm not a programmer and have no level to set-up a print-out-form in css to fit the fields on the given form. I need help to

1. set-up a print-template for fitting the order of database-fields in a preprinted form like the one posted above

or

2. set-up a print-template/pdf-template which contains the data and the given form.

Can anybody help? If yes: how quick and what will it cost. We are a non-profit-organisation and need the function as soon as possible.

Thanks for reply

How close does it have to be to the example you gave? That would be very difficult to do, as an exact match.

-- hugh

Hi. First thanks for reply.
The original form has this given format - but I?ve a word-document formatted like the pdf. Cut this be a better choice as base?
As I told - I?m not a programmer, but LibreOffice offers the option to save this format as html.

That might help. Have you tried exporting it as HTML and loading it in a browser, to see if it looks close enough?

I have to warn you that PDF generation is tricky. J! doesn't support it as a format, so we use a third party library called DOMPDF, that takes HTML and spits out PDF. But it is a bit finicky, and difficult to get exact results.

But if you have HTML, generated from Libre Office, which outputs something usable in a browser, that could be a good starting point for a PDF template.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back