Hide Form Introduction Text

lori19

Hi there

I use the introduction text of a form to display some guidance for filling it out (add). However, once the form is saved and the dataset is accessed again (edit) this information is not needed anymore, as the form has already been filled out.
Any idea on how to best show/hide the introduction text depending on weather I access the form via add or edit?

Kindly,
Lorenz

Cool! Fabrik is great!!

Now, how can I run a fabrik plugin inside this?
For example:
{fabrik view=element list=5 rowid=[rowid] element=outreach__full_name}
Seems you can't nest square brackets either.

The aim of all this is to make a little custom "header" on top of a longish form that summarises essential information dynamically for each dataset.

Have a good day!

Edit:
OK; it's getting late here... I just realised that I can simply use the placeholders for displaying the info.
But I still would like to insert a plugin like{ fabrik view=list id=13 outreach_interventions___parent_id=[rowid] orderby=outreach_interventions___date orderdir=desc fabrik_show_nav=1 show-title=0}

Yes, that is a full list view of another fabrik list. Basically I want to show a repeated group style list in the form introduction text with full functionality

Last edited:
Yes, that is a full list view of another fabrik list. Basically I want to show a repeated group style list in the form introduction text with full functionality

I'm not sure, but as I remember, it was not possible to display 2 lists on one page (with content plugin). But not sure, if this is still the case...

It should be possible.
You can't in group intros etc, it must be outside any <form tag (which is the case in form intros/outros) or you must use a custom template which is only displaying (so no form tag, not buttons or actions...)

Hi all

Thanks for the hints. I did some testing and can confirm:

- It is possible to put a fabrik system plugin in a fabrik form intro/outro. As mentioned, the <form> tags don't overlap.
- It is, however, not possible to place the fabric system plugin inside the {edit: ...} plugin. The plugin will not be processed.

On the same topic:

The display of elements with [element_name]. However, if the element is of the type checkbox or radiobutton the display will look like ["value"] Changing to [element_name_raw] produces the same result.

Kindly,
Lorenz

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back