How to calc the latest value from the joined table

AlexKite

Hi,
Please help to find the solution:
I have two tables in database join:
The table "Shipments" has a database join to table "Shipment_Status".
Each Shipment has many statuses, and I want to calc the latest (by date/time) status, as follows:

So, if, for example, Shipment1 has 3 statuses as follows, I want to get the value "Received" as a result of calc plugin:
2017-05 "Shipped"
2017-06 "Customs Clearance"
2017-07 "Received"

Thank you in advance!

So does Shipments just have the one join to Shipment_Status, which gets changed?

And you somehow want to record what dates it got changed to Shipped, Customs Clearance and Received?

-- hugh

So does Shipments just have the one join to Shipment_Status, which gets changed?
Yes, one join to Shipment_Status.
One shipment have many statuses- each status with its own date, and user adds new date+status when the shipment moves on.
And in list view of Shipments I want to see only the last status per one shipment, not all linked lines with statuses.

I guess this can be done by adding a Calc element to Shipments (without even storing the value in Shipments), but i'm the PHP beginner and cannot think out the needed Calc formula without your help.

I'm still not sure how you are doing this.

Does each shipment have a single record, which starts as status "Shipped", then you edit that row and change status to "Customs", etc?

Or do you enter a new row for each change of status?

If you are editing the same row, that makes it very difficult, as you have to then maintain a separate journaling table that records when status was changed.

-- hugh

I'm still not sure how you are doing this.

Does each shipment have a single record, which starts as status "Shipped", then you edit that row and change status to "Customs", etc?

... maintain a separate journaling table that records when status was changed.

-- hugh

Yes, each shipment have only one row and I need a separate journaling table with all statuses+dates of this very shipment - like on DHL/TNT cargo tracking page.

OK, that's not something I can help with in Community. You'd need to write a little code in a PHP form plugin, that checks to see if the status has changed, and if so, insert a new row into the tracking table with the status and date.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back