How to change default records amount in List view?

railer

I have a list set to group records by Region of which there are three. In the list view, the default display is 20 items, so even though there are three groups displayed, it is showing 10 out of 24 records for group 1, 8 for group 2, and 2 for group 3. A total of 20 items. And the Navigation is showing 3 pages instead of just 1.

I have that list set to show 100 rows per page in the Navigation tab.

How do I change the default number of items displayed in on the list view page from 20, to something different, maybe All? I changed the amount to 100 in Joomla's global config, but that didn't affect it in the Fabrik list.

Last edited:
"Rows per page" etc. is in list settings [Details][Navigation].

A new list menu item takes the list setting at creation time, you can change it in the menu item's [Fabrik List Options]

Thanks Troester!

What's really happening is that I have a list which is grouped into 5 groups (regions) and all but the first are set to be closed at page load. The strange thing is that if the list display pulldown is set to 20 or 100, the amount of records in each region is not filled to the maximum. For some odd reason, Fabrik is splitting the amount of records in each group and shifting some onto the second or third pages in the navigation. It's displaying all of the group headings on each page, and the amount of records in each group varies. So on the first page, group 1 looks like it only has say 15 records, but on page two, group1 has another 12 records. The groups are regions and this is a job listing site, so it's important that someone looking to see what's is available in a certain region can see all of the jobs in that region.

I would prefer to just show all of the records in the five groups on just one page instead of breaking it into separate pages. If I set the list display amount to 200 in the menu item, it kicks back the following error:

PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)

How can I solve that?

If there is no solution for the above, I suppose I could create 5 text links for the regions and link those to 5 separate lists, prefiltered per region. What do you think would work the best?

Pagination and grouping seems to be a bit strange.
Did you try to set your list to "order by" your grouping element?

pcre.backtrack_limit: which php version are you running? What is your setting? Maybe you can increase it in your hosting backend.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back