How to count number of Joomla Users?

jasmin

I would simply like to know how many users have registered on the site and which one they are in the registration order.

With this info I'd also like to create a stats panel when I login that can show this number, total users. Later it should also say like new users today/this week/month etc.

The problem is that Joomla don't start with user 0 or 1, but always a random number like 371. Why is that btw?

I find it more logical if admin = 0 and first registered user = 1

Can this be shifted around somehow or some new calculation be done?

I have tried to create a new column [MemNr] that would count like 375 (current reg user) - 371 (first user/admin) = 4th user, and assign it to the users table.

But the counting doesn't work, it's always 0 (zero) whatever I tried.

Last failed attempt was with Element/List view settings/Calculations/Custom calc/Split PHP/

$memNr = 371-'{fab_user_registration___juser_id}';
return $memNr;

Any ideas how to get the true count of Joomla users and/or get Joomla to count users from zero?

All infos are in Joomla's #__users table.
Link a Fabrik list to it (make sure to set "Alter field typess"=no) and set (pre-)filters as you need.
Count with "Count" calculation.
Or do it with calc elements and queries on #_users http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-common-tasks

It doesn't make sense to handle/modify the userIds: they are unique, maybe used somewhere else (you may break your site), maybe with gaps (deleted users...).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back