how to organize datas

cap

Hello my db is a simple questionnaire with questions, choice,choices's results
Name-----QUESTION-----YES/NO-----RESULT
Paul-------thequestion --------YES-----------A

At the end i'll need to gather data according to answer to question, result and name..and mainly need to know how many respond to this queri

The original idea was to see data in a excel table list style and query straight the column of interest.
But there are around 30 questions, and the text is long..so the table will come out very large and not nice to work with
How can i solve this?
I was think to create a form with all the question /answer/result , where i can choose those i want to queries, and have displayed all the records that respond to this (or even only the number of records)
Is it a good way or may be better alternatives?
How would i do a similar form, a part of creating all the question/button ecc?
thanks

Last edited:
i have found this
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/

which is not too bad but i don't like too much
What i would like to have is that as soon as i change a search parameter, in the same page, underneath, i will see all the filtered data

or maybe there are better alternatives?

p.s. i have found somehting that look a lot as i'd like
Just enabling in each element i want the filtering type, and i have in the same page of the list, the filter possibility on top
The problem remain that i'll have filters, theelements one on top of the other, and eventually it will be a long vertical list of filtering elements, not really friendly.
How can i have a control on the layout of these elements?

Last edited:
You can set Filter columns in list settings/Filters.

You can add custom CSS.

You can override components\com_fabrik\layouts\list\fabrik-filters.php (Filter cols =1) resp. components\com_fabrik\layouts\list\fabrik-filters-bootstrap.php (Filter cols >1)

You can set Filter columns in list settings/Filters.

You can add custom CSS.

You can override components\com_fabrik\layouts\list\fabrik-filters.php (Filter cols =1) resp. components\com_fabrik\layouts\list\fabrik-filters-bootstrap.php (Filter cols >1)

yes i thought i coud add custom css, but i don't know how to proceed
I don't understand what shall i do with the override componete..i mean what exactly should i do? and this is for the pourpose of adding custom css?

edit
i tried to go andedit those 2 files
In fabrik filkers.php i found more line saying "filter cols=1"
I did not find filter cols in the other file

really don't know how to go on

i don't understand also what does that RESP: means
resp. components\com.....

Last edited:
i am rehtinking this
The problem is that i need to have the full text of the question beside the dropdwon that i use to filter the elements
But i cannot put a text, maximum i can put the label. But if put thequestion in the label i all have all that text on top of that element in list view. An it cannot be done
Is there a way to have the text only on the top where i have the filtering elements and not on top of the list?

Otherwise better the search module itself...maybe with some adjustment to make it better..The proble now is that if i want to sert 1 filter, ad then2 and then change again it s no fluent.....need to set filter, click on save to have the redirect to the filtered list, then i have to go back again and start again changing the filtering...can be done better?

You could place the question into a display element, then create a new form layout to place it in the appropriate place.

You could place the question into a display element, then create a new form layout to place it in the appropriate place.
You are talking about the method to use filer's element or to use a form form making query?
My questions are already in display element in the insert form.
Don t exactly understand what your suggestion is

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed the part about this being a list view, not a form view. Is it that the display element is cutting off the text?

no the problem is this:
i want to filter list view by a number of elements (they will be quite a few, 3 for each question)
Now together with the radiobutton and the dropdownlist that make filter, ineed to have also the text of the question, that in the list is D1, D2, D3 (display fields in thelist) ecc
The text shown now (ART and E) are the name of the element, short one just to identify the type of filter.
I want to see the text i see in D1 ecc..and possiibly the 3 filtering elements for D1 side to side
Then next row the text od D2 and E
ecc

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back