1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

How to set access?

Discussion in 'Fabrik 3.x Testing' started by Camee, May 5, 2012.

1. Camee Member

Level: Standard
    I have a list which is only editable by admins. Now I joined another list to the first one (repeatable, merged rows), which is editable by registered users and it is shown in a repeatable group. I played a little bit around with user access, editable by user id , etc. but I cannot achieve following conditions:

- Table 1: should remain editable only by admins (that's fine)
    - Table 2: add listing = registered (and above), edit listing = only user id that added the listing and special, delete listing = only admin

The problem is, that a registered user can delete the group, which contains data provided by previous users, even my own data. How can I prevent registered users from deleting groups? Or maybe there is a way to hide the minus (-) button for registered users.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
  2. Camee Member

Level: Standard
    Ok, I found the following post: http://fabrikar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103069&postcount=2

Is this still working? I can't seem to find the proper location since it changed some times ago.

I'd like to suggest, to make this as an option on the group page.

Repeat Group: Registered, Public or Special
    Delete Group: Registered, Public, Special or Own
  3. rob Administrator

Level: Community
    suggestion accepted - the changes are in github