How to set up a visualization

jolle

Hi,
I used Fabrik now for many years, but till now did not use visualization.
I searched the forum and the wiki, but did not find a description how to set up a simple viz.

As an example I have a table with courses with elements like ID, title and semester.
Now I would like to have a viz that shows me the number of courses per semester.

How can I accomplish that?

Best regards,
J?rn

Hi all,
I would really appreciate some pointers or hints.
Is more information needed on what I try to do?
J?rn

A viz is showing existing data, not calculating.
So you must have a list (which could be linked to a MySQL view) with
id, semester, no of courses
and use this in a (char) viz.

Thanks troester for your response.
I have created now the view in the database and setup a list that looks like the attachement.
Can I make a chart out of that now?
Maybe a bar chart grouped by Year (like in the list) or maybe a stacked bar chart would make sense?
I tried to play around with the chart and fusion_chart. I was not able to get a chart generated. Only fusion chart showed something but not what I wanted.
The viz configuration is not very intuitive to me. Maybe I didn't get the idea yet.

Can you describe what I have to put in the viz config?

Attachments

• StatistikAnzahlKurse.PNG
    StatistikAnzahlKurse.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 407
I really hope someone was able to help Jolle out, because I am where s/he got stuck... I cannot seem to understand how to set up a simple bar chart. I want to count the number of male vs female entries in a table. I already set up the COUNT aspect in the element, using SPLIT ON. Someone please help. Thanks in advance!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back