How to update the address field by moving the marker in the Google map?

sales2010

Hello,

I use the Google map element to display a map that point to the address typed by the user. But Google does not match always the exact address typed in address field, so user might want to move the marker on the map in order to point to the exact location.

It is possible to update the data in field "address" with the new address/location marked in Google map?

See attached image for more information

Clipboard01.jpg

Thank you

this is more of a Hugh question but I think the map element has a reverse geocode option - turning it on might be what you are after.....

oh, in fact it hadn't been correctly updated from the old joomla1.5 syntax, I've just fixed that, so under the 'Enable geocoding' option you should see 'Reverse Geocode' as well

ok, now i can reverse geocode but instead of keeping the last location selected, i get a list of selected locations like this (it should keep only the last location, in this case Bulevardul Carol 1)

Strada Valea Buz?uluiStrada Pazon MarinBulevardul Carol I

try updating? I could see one place in the code that might result in that behaviour which I have modified

-Rob

:( Still doesn't work, the problem has remained the same.. if necessary, please go to my website (see the data provided in My Site section) and test it there. Note that i manually update the files from the master branch from Github, the info is not available now for the joomla 3 branch.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back