Image confusion

gstyles

I am trying to construct a catalogue for a plant nursery. I have a file upload element that I use to upload images, when I look at the data in list view the image field is empty,when I look in detail view the image is present. I should like the thumbnail image I create when i upload a file to be viewable in the list view so that when a customer clicks on the thumbnail image the detail view is shown with the full size image. The question really I guess is how to display the thumbnail view in the list view?
Thanks GWS.

It is working for me.

Just checking: did you set the option "Display in List View" to yes? From your description, it sounds like the column is shown in your list (the list view setting) but the above setting is in the options->Display on the left side.

Did you set up your thumbnail options before uploading your images? I think Fabrik only creates the thumbnails on upload.

Hi Rackem, I think I have all what you describe. Please see images and see if anything is not correct. The thumbnails are created just do not show up in the list view.

Attachments

• listview.jpg
    listview.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 136
  • element.jpg
    element.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 138
  • detail.jpg
    detail.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 139
It is hard to tell, your images are pretty small. But I need to confirm you are using are Fabrik 3 as your setting look different than the ones I have (see attached). I am not familiar with Fabrik 2.

Attachments

• fileupload.jpg
    fileupload.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 125
Hmm, looks like your screenshot is the image plugin but in your post you describe the file upload plugin.

I think the image plugin is intended to show a static image only.

The file upload plugin will do what you are asking all by itself. After you get it set up and upload an image in your record, it will show a thumbnail in your list as well as display the image in a detail view. If you click on the image in your list, it will open up the full size image.

Yes you were right about the plugin, I had both image and upload file plugins. I had just realised that the image plugin was static and have now deleted it. I have the upload file plugin showing an image in detail but as of yet I have no image or thumbnail in list view. I have to go out now, but thank you very much for your help

I have deleted and reinstalled the file upload element and it works in a fashion. It now shows the image in list view but it is a full size image. How do I get it to show a thumbnail in list view and a full size image in detail view? Is this possible? Thanks GWS.
UPDATE
I have just removed the option to crop images and now it works as Racken says, thanks rackem.
I dont know if that is a bug or me doing something else wrong?

it should work fine if you are using the crop mode. But without seeing your settings for that element its hard to advise further

hi Rob, see the screenshot of the settings. I would really find the crop function useful if it will work. As it is now it gives me a thumbnail image in list view and a full image in detail view,which is what I want. When I enable croping I get a full size image in list view.Thanks gws.

Attachments

• detail1.jpg
    detail1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 110
  • detail2.jpg
    detail2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 109
ah crop only works if you enable ajax upload :) as the cropping is done whilst still on the from, after the image has been uploaded via ajax

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back