Incomplete fabrik installation

Amos

Hi members,
I installed fabrik on a client's site but unfortunately the installation aborted midway and the site became inaccessible both from and backend. No backup. cerc-ug.org. The site is joomla 3.1 series

Amos.

Sounds like a Joomla problem rather than a Fabrik one. However, the install will typically just write new files to new fabrik directories, so you can try deleting all directories which have the word fabrik in them and see if that brings your site back to life.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did delete all the files but the following messages appear on accessing the site:

Attachments

• fabrik issues.jpg
    fabrik issues.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 262
It seems fabrik is already in the database.
Check in #_extensions and delete all records with name = %fabrik%
(Backup the table before)

Do you have Kunena installed?

I do not have kunena installed. I also deleted all the folders and related to fabrik. I do not miind giving access to the joomla admin area at this stage because I need to have the problem fixed so that I can continue creating tables that I had wanted. Is it okay?

It seems fabrik is already in the database.
(Backup the table before)

Do you have Kunena installed?

Good afternoon Troester,
you were making a follow up on this thread. Please continue.

Admin access won't help (you say the backend isn't accessable).
Did you delete/rename the folder .../plugins/system/fabrik?
This may bring back the backend access and you could try to uninstall remainings of Fabrik in Extensions/Manage.

If this isn't possible you have to access the database directly (with e.g. phpMyAdmin) and

THANK YOU, after deleting these com files, the site came back wow! Thanks for the advise. Once beaten twice shy. Can give you my cpanel credentials so that you help install it on my site?

Happy to do that if you will come and do the housework at my place in return. :)

Seriously, Fabrik (and for that matter Joomla) are free open source products, and don't come with support so if you are going to use them, you need to be confident that you can fix things yourself if they go wrong (with help from forums such as this if necessary). If you need to rely on other people to do things for you, then you should really look for a different solution which doesn't need these skills or for someone who will provide you with paid support.

S

P.S. The way to build such confidence is to keep trying to do these things yourself and learning if you fail. So, why not try it again - if you get the same error again, you know how to fix it now.

1. backup (files+database; Akeeba backup is a good tool)
2. you don't need cPanel to install Fabrik, just use the Joomla installer

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back