inlineedit fatal error

skyrun

here's an obscure one... i'm getting this error:
Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to PlgFabrik_ElementDatabasejoin::renderListData() must be an instance of stdClass, null given, called in [mypath]/skyforce/test/components/com_fabrik/models/forminlineedit.php on line 239 and defined in [mypath]/skyforce/test/plugins/fabrik_element/databasejoin/databasejoin.php on line 1617

when inline editing a field on a list that when changed... would make it so the item is no longer on the list (due to filters).

to see it in action, go to http://www.skyrun.com/skyforce/test/my-leads and change any of the 'assigned to' elements to a user id other than *unassigned or your logged on user (my leads prefilters for just those users). note i tried both with ajaxify = no and yes. both settings give the error.

if it's easier, it's ok behavior for my app if the row stays on the screen showing the new value (ie, i would expect to hit 'refresh' to have it dissappear.)

ah yes, as the query to get the updated row fails, due to the prefilter, we need to take that into account.
For now I've just set it so that the error isn't produced, by passing in an empty row.
This means that the cell is updated to an empty string (but is correctly stored in the db), Perhaps though we should remove the row from the list though, do you have any thoughts on that?

the best behavior would be to make the list look like it would have after a refresh. would also be ok to show the record including the new value until a refresh of the whole list when the record goes away. the only really bad outcomes would be an error or showing the old value. blank is not that great because it looks like there may be an error.

Definitely need to remove the row from the visible list. May need to provide some kind of feedback though. Maybe replace the empty row with a single cell that says "row removed from view" or some such. Or maybe remove the row entirely, and put up an alert popup, much as I dislike those. I can imagine situations where the user wasn't expecting the row to just disappear, and would think they'd managed to delete it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back