Invalid Session

G

gringoloco007

Hi,

I have tried to see if it was a bad joomla install, tried the issue on 2 fresh copies of joomla (both english and spanish joomla)

Joomla version : 1.0.15
Fabrick version : 1.0.5
Server version : FC6 Linux.
PHP version : 5.1.6

The issue : when i have created a table in Fabrik all is fine, but when I add data through joomla admin Components>Fabrik>tables>View Database then "Add Record" then input data then click on my "Submit" button and it kicks me out of joomla, sending me back to the admin login sayiing "Invalid Session" (mind you you it does store the record).

Please Advise.

Hmmm, sounds like it might be a J! 1.0.15 issue.

I'll try and find time to upgrade my test install to 1.0.15 tonight, and see if I can duplicate this.

-- hugh

ive seen this happen if your joomla live site url is for example "www.site.com" but you access the administration from "site.com/administration"

might this be your case?

Rob

Having the same issue described by the OP -- I get an Invalid Session and drop to the admin login prompt whenever trying to add records via the admin console.

Additionally, I was able to add a single record via the front-end form, but subsequent record adds where ignored without error.

Joomla 1.0.15
Fabrik 1.0.5.1

I am accessing my site (both the front-end and the administration console) without using a www.- type URL

Any help would be much appreciated

Guy Bartoli said:
Having the same issue described by the OP -- I get an Invalid Session and drop to the admin login prompt whenever trying to add records via the admin console.

Additionally, I was able to add a single record via the front-end form, but subsequent record adds where ignored without error.

Joomla 1.0.15
Fabrik 1.0.5.1

I am accessing my site (both the front-end and the administration console) without using a www.- type URL

Any help would be much appreciated

I am having the same issues both on my live site and local site.

OK, I can duplicate this if the main Joomla configuration.php has ...

$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://www.my.site';

... but I use my.site (no www.) when I open the page with the Fabrik component on it.

I think the only way out of that one is to either always refer to it as www.my.site, or change the $mosConfig_live_site to my.site, and always refer to it that way.

I have seen reports on some other apps (outside Fabrik) which seem to be having this problem in recent J! releases. I think this is a by-product of J! tightening up on XSS spoof proofing. Not sure it's something we can work around, although we'll take a look when we get some time. Until then ... it's a) or b) above, as far as I know.

It *may* be a result of our recently adopting the use of josSpoofCheck(), I'll have to test that. If this proves to be the case, I guess we could make josSpoofCheck() optional, although this would be a Bad Idea, if at all avoidable. They added spoof checking for some very good reasons!

-- hugh

Check your fabrik table has a primary key selected and that its auto incrementing

For the josSpoofCheck() stuff I don't think this should be optional

I have out of curiosity updated a site im building using Joomla 1.0.13 updating fabirk to 1.0.5.1. same issue

So I decided to do a full fresh install of both 1.0.13 joomla and 1.0.15 joomla with svn version 859 of fabrik 1.0.5.1

And now the problem is just from the back end. It seems to be ok on both versions from the front end of joomla, even when I add a jump url.

I Thought I'd better let you guys know it's not just a joomla 1.0.15 problem

Btw I always use http://sitename.com for my livesite url and any links i make within joomla etc.

Will report back my findings.

Please do keep us updated, and thanks for putting in the grunt work on this one. Much appreciated.

-- hugh

Well guys,

I have worked on this one and can not get it to work, I also updated to last version of Fabrik and also now have front end issue where I save and no error, but it does not save the record. ???

Please help, what to do.

Im back,

Ok I have manged to find away around the front end issue, might help others...

I simply created the menu point and entered some data in the parameters with out any filters, saved then edit them again with what I needed and saved again, that seemed to fix it for me (logically I have no idea why).

Just to update this one, the backend admin session problem (logs you out after saving stuff) was fixed in SVN a few revs ago.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back