IS FABRIK SUITABLE?

hexweb

Hi

Ive been working with Joomla for many years, but have never had the need to do much core DB/PHP stuff.

Ive recently been asked to develop a small platform to keep track of rental properties.

Needs for this are a DB of Properties, a DB of tenants.

But it needs to -
automatically change the tenants balance every month based on the relevant property rental amount
allow the landlord to enter amount when rent is paid and add this to balance
allow the landlord/tenant to view payments made and on which dates
if tenant is in arrears with rent notify tenant and landlord and show reminder
remind of annual renewals on things like Gas check certificates

Is this all possible?

Also, does Fabrik create a stand alone joomla component or does fabrik have to be installed?

Thanks

Yes, all of those above is possible with Fabrik.

Fabrik is Joomla component which is you need to be install at Joomla Extension there.

I can testify that most things are possible with fabrik.
I have built a complete cloud based commodity export management system in it which I am in the process of commercializing.
Naturally if you need a more involved things as the ones you are indicating you will need to hook in to the various plugin events to make things click, and also make use of some cron jobs for the various checks and reminders.
In other words to build a capable app you will need to do some php and javascript.
It also lends itself superbly if you want to build your app incrementally, but watch so that you don't corner yourself and / or end up with performance issues, which are traps easy to fall into when you've such well rounded tool.
I could go on but that wouldn't help you, instead if you've any specific concern raise it.

Hi and thanks for all the replies.

So given what Ive described is it a reasonably simple proccess to automate the update of a field to increase tenants balance when they pay, decrease when the rent is due etc?

What I meant about the standalone component thing was, is it possible something developed in fabrik can be converted into a standalone component once completed?

I can't seem to find a lot in the way of tutorials apart from the very basic stuff, am I missing something?

Be performance issues, are you talking about if accessing a large DB to search etc, or is Fabrik quite heavy in itself?

Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back