Is it Possible to send data from 1 fabrik form to multiple database tables? (not lists)

Povey

hi all,

does anyone know if it is possible to send data form a fabrik form to multiple tables in a database.

The functionality i require is to have many fabrik lists - each with exactly the same data being recorded into them from my fabrik form.

I know this can be done simply be copying/cloning an existing fabrik list, but the problem is that when a record is deleted, it is deleted from all tables.

So when showing the list in the frontend (joomla article) i need the user to be able to delete records without effecting the other tables.

so with a normal html form on a website you can send data from a simple form to multiple database tables with php etc, so to sum up my question, how can i do the same thing with a fabrik form?

Thanks,

Bailey

Thanks, i am new to php so need some more help on this matter.

Can you give an example of the php code that i would need to add to the form plugin field to make the form submit data to multiple tables in a database.

I can then just substitute database name, table names etc to my own and hopefully the plugin will work.

thanks in advance

If you mean exactly identical tables with the same data as original has then try upsert form plugin. If you don't have one you get it with the latest code from github.

But using table joins (setting them in list admin) means also that you submit data to 2 or more tables from a single form. They are just different tables joined with the main one. You don't have to build separate lists and forms on the tables that you use in table joins.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back