Is it possible to use Postgresql in stead of mysql ?

gs12345

Fabrik 3.x + Joomla 3.X has been superb so far.

I have installed Joomla 3.1 with postgresql ( 9.2) as backend database ( On local server with Ubuntu 13.04 )

Then I have tried to install Fabrik extension 3.x - but encountered errors ( related to SQL). But on the same system if I install another instance of Joomla with MySql -- Fabrik gets installed without any issue.

I tried to take a dig but couldn't find the right answer.

The whole idea of using Postgresql to take benefits for creating multiple triggers on every table, better stability, and other benefits.

Though it is not urgent, but ability to use database other than MySql could definitely add its usage.

the issue here is that whilst Joomla has drivers for Postgresql they don't deal with all the use cases that Fabrik needs, e.g. creating indexes, adding columns doing nested queries. So whist where we can we use the JQueryBuilder (which is cross db compatible) - there are certain things we are obliged to use raw sql for.
That combined with the fact we slightly extend the base mySQL and mySQLi db drivers, means that we haven't created similar driver adaptors for Postgre.

Thanks Rob for your most logical answer.

May be some developer can think on these lines i.e. creating driver adaptors for Postgres.

My congratulations to you for imagining & developing such a superb master piece ( Fabrik). Very well done, indeed.

Dear Rob,
I remain grateful for fabrik which I would dare to say is one of the most useful Joomla! extensions.
In the spirit of adding my voice to the improvement of fabrik, I am wondering if there's any plan to support postgresql in any near future?
Best!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back