Its been forever, but, can I do this?

polarweb

Jeremiah
Hello Rob, Hugh, and Troester. I havent been to these forums in probably a year and havent even touched Joomla either in this time.

Anyhow I am back into the Joomla thing and of course I have to have fabrik for everything.

I am working on a new site right now, that will basically be driven by Fabrik lists, forms, etc. I am trying to create a database for gaming teams to manage their teams and challenge other teams to a match.

Essentially this is what I want to do:

I have a list that shows on front end. This shows fields that I have created such as Team Name, Server, etc. I have the list showing all the teams with a search all option for public folks to find a team.

This is what I want: I want the list entries to also have an option or field that allows a registered person to click on a button or a link that redirects the user to another fabrik form, that I will use to allow teams to challenge one another. It should collect their team name, id, etc when moving from the list to another form.

Is this possible?

Like, I am looking at maybe using a field, with a default value, that is uneditable, which will be a link to the other form. I just cant figure out how I would go from that list to another form, with the team name and id, pre-populated from clicking on the link in the list.

You can add a custom link to any element composing the URL with placeholders, so for a prepopulated new form something like
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=18&rowid=0&your-table2___teamelement={table1___teamelement}
or use an additional calc element to create the link

I thought I could do something like that, cool man ill see what i can come up with..good to know you guys are still here. :)

How about adding multiple fields to the prepopulated form? A way of doing multiple placeholders?

Ive got something going now, but I have extra space on the second element when the form loads..

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=5&ov7ix_fabrik_league_challenges___challenged_team_name={ov7ix_fabrik_league_teams___team_name_raw}&
ov7ix_fabrik_league_challenges___challenged_owner_email=
{ov7ix_fabrik_league_teams___team_owner_email}

URL looks like:

Code:
5?ov7ix_fabrik_league_challenges___challenged_team_name=Iron Army&  ov7ix_fabrik_league_challenges___challenged_owner_email=  myemail@mysite.com

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back