javascript on element

cap

hello
try o use the javascrit function of elements..trying in different ones to setup condition and action but i can't get it to work

for example a etext field..iset condition..if dlclick then hide..nothing happen

or radiobutton..when dblclick(or any other actions) if radiobutton =1, then hide
nothing eve happen
are there any prerequisites to have it work?

i have tried always with predefined ation
thank you

Hi @cap , you are posting a lot of threads, but what I'm missing is some kind of respect for all the helpers. Your posts don't need to be in perfect English, but at least I expect, you are reading the text you have entered before you post them.
There are various problems with your posts:
  • Hard to read, because words are splitted by spaces (no effort visible to ease reading for others)
  • No exact problem definition ( what kind of fields are involved, what do you want to enter, which result is expected...)
  • I got the impression, you want to have all your problems solved by others, without understanding, that complex webapplications need some basic knowledge about html, js and php (I'm also not an expert on all this areas, but I try to understand, what I'm doing)
  • No effort visible to read the avaible documentation (even if it is currently mainly available for F3, but is more or less applicable for F4)
Sorry to be so rude, but I can't refrain. I often tried to understand your problems, but I gave up!

Ok sorry i try to write better and to explain better
For the rest i don t agree...i swear that if i wouldn't try to understand i wouldn' have reached the point i have reached in doing this db. Never ever!There are many things that cannot be understood just trying to understand it, some info to fill the gap are needed.
ANd the online help often is of not much use!I always use it for elements, and i find a brief description of the items, which often don't add any info to what i have already understood.Or at times there are example of code, which again are of not much use if you don t know language
That said, i never intend to be unrespectfull to any of you.You are important resources for me with your knowledge and presence here, i know i ask many things, but then it s up to you to ignore or answer...
But unrespectful...no that's far beyond my intention

P.s.
Let me tell you, many time also for me is difficult to understand what has been written on a post,explicating some procedure.
And it is all correct, text, point, space....but just like you, i am there reading and reading trying to understand.
That s definitely the language! In a general conversation is easy, but if yoy have to explain some complex procedure things are differents if language is not your one

Last edited:
Hi there

Fabrik offers you a lot of options and configuration possibilities. Sometimes it takes some time to find the right one. I'm not an expert either; I can spend a day finding the right solution - and often, the problem lies not within Fabrik but in the data structure that I want to implement. The learning curve is steep and good planning is half the rent. And: The forum itself is also a good place to search: Somebody for sure had a similar problem already, and even if it is not exactly the same you still can get some ideas to solve yours.

I never had problems with the js feature. You just need to find the right action (e.g. onChange for fields, onClick for radiobuttons) and be sure that your logic of hiding and showing is correct. And on the danger to state the obvious: don't forget to reload your form when you did some changes to the javascript section.

Kindly,
Lorenz

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back