Just asking idea for my case...

margarizaldi

Hi everybody... I have some nice plan for my form but I don't know how to implement -even I don't know the name/term of my plan so I have no I idea what to type to ask google. Shame on me, lol.

Here we go, I'll give you some illustration...
1. There is a standard form with several fields collecting some information, including name, d.o.b., gender, latest education grade, etc.
2. I would like there is a field (probably dbjoin) which I can select several (more than 1) available options, say it: "Available classes"
3. Those available classes can be rendered as checkboxes, and must be pre-filtered by the data entered in the previous fields (ajaxified).

Seems quite simple so far. But then...

4. The problem comes since my options are to many to render, I want the options are grouped based on their category.

5. If it is possible, I want the field show a button "Add Classes", then a modal/pop up window will show after the button clicked, which contains multistep parameter or something which is leading the user to his intended class.
After one class chosen, the window closed and the field show its recent choosen class(es) (something like in facebook status, when you tag some friends, they are shown as text with remove (x) button aside). And of course, user can add another options just like adding items in shopping cart. Now i think my plan is going too wild.

In short I can say: shopping while registering. :D

Well, do you have any idea how to implement my plan? The simplest front end is my goal here. You don't have to type codes, just share your idea, which element should I use or how is the best solution for this. If there are related threads in this forum, I'll be glad to see them. Thanks in advance.

You can use a Cascading Dropdown (CDD) element, rendered as a checkbox, for the classes. With a join element for the category.

So create two lists (table) for category and classes like ...

id, category_name

And for classes like ...

id, class_name, category_id

Then on your signup form, a join (dropdown) for the category, and a CDD for the classes (checkbox) which observes the category element, using the category_id as the "foreign key".

You may need to install the CDD element plugin, it's not part of the core install.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back