Just created form... Data is not being recorded to table but if I go to view data in back end...

I can add data with add button and it records into table. I get a successful message on front end that record has been added yet no data is recorded.

What do you mean with "created a form"?

Do you have a prefilter on your list and the new record doesn't match the prefilter condition?

Still not clear what you are doing and what you are seeing where.
What do you mean with "created a form"?
I assume you don't mean a "form" but a new record?

Where is the data "not recorded"? Is it missing in list view? in the database table?

Two most recent forms I have created in backend... The data is not recorded in the table when I use the form from the frontend but it is recorded when I use the add button in the view data from the backend.
When Using the Form in the frontend, it shows record added message after each time I complete and submit the form... but when I check the table only the record that I added from the backend shows in the table.
Using PHPMyadmin confirms this to be the case.

Attachments

• Record added via backend viewing data and using add button.png
    Record added via backend viewing data and using add button.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Form for Front end.png
    Form for Front end.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Record added Message via Front end Form.png
    Record added Message via Front end Form.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 84
And how do you add/edit a record from the frontend. Via a form menu item with option Row id=-1?
This will only ADD a record if there's no record belonging to the user. Otherwise it will EDIT the record. In both cases the message will be "added/updated"

And how do you add/edit a record from the frontend. Via a form menu item with option Row id=-1?
This will only ADD a record if there's no record belonging to the user. Otherwise it will EDIT the record. In both cases the message will be "added/updated"
Yes Form Menu Item and yes with a -1 in form option to get the user information
Brand new forms with no records until I used the backend to test
I deleted the one record from the backend entry and tested once again
Same result.

Last edited:
It must be your menu option (did you set the "Key name") or your form (plugins?) settings.

You can't use rowId=-1 without Key name

Column name to use with Row id, leave blank to use primary key (only set this if you know what you are doing!). If row id set to -1 then set this column to the name of the form's user id element to prepopulate forms with the users record

When I change the to the id in the form I get this error
Unknown column 'training_complete.training_complete___id' in 'where clause'

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back